While electrical safety should be observed for everyone, it is considered a higher priority for children. Regardless of the age, kids need to be aware of the electrical hazards and danger of playing or being careless with electricity.
We have however, compiled this list to enlighten parents and guardians to teach kids how to take charge of their electrical safety.
Check out these electrical safety tips to help your kids with when at home and outside the home:
Electrical Safety for Children at Home
- Educate the kids never to stick their fingers or any object into an electrical outlet or light bulb socket.
- Always use plug caps when you have kids in the house to avoid them plugging to the electrical sockets.
- Ensure you don’t have electrical power sockets near the pool to avoid electrical shock when using appliances while in the pool same time.
- Keep their fingers and other objects out of small appliances, such as toasters, even if the appliance is off.
- Keep electrical wires and appliance cords away from sources of heat,sources of water like sinks, bathtubs, etc
- Inform them to never put drinks on top of video game consoles or other electrical devices.
- If you see a worn, frayed or damaged electrical cord, notify an adult immediately.
Electrical Safety precaution for children outdoors
- Do not climb trees that are near power lines or have power lines running through them.
- Never try to remove an item from the power lines by themselves rather they should inform an adult.
- Do not climb utility poles.
- Keep away from electric substations.
- Never climb on fences around electric substations.
- Stay away from fallen electrical wires and inform an adult to call the power company to report the downed wire.
Pay your electricity bills on VTpass
- Visit ppp.vtpass.com ,
- Click this to select your electricity area,
- Enter your payment details and submit.
Your token would be delivered almost immediately after payment.
Like our page on Facebook if this post was helpful